This comprehensive resource pack is expertly designed to introduce students to the world of programming using Small Basic. Tailored for beginners, the pack consists of seven meticulously crafted lessons, each focusing on a fundamental programming concept.
- Lesson 01: Getting Started – This foundational lesson eases students into the programming environment, acquainting them with the basics of Small Basic.
- Lesson 02: Making Decisions – Here, students learn about decision-making in programming, an essential skill for developing logical, functional code.
- Lesson 03: Repetition – This lesson delves into loops, a critical component for efficient and effective coding.
- Lesson 04: Graphics – Students explore how to incorporate graphics, enhancing their understanding of visual elements in programming.
- Lesson 05: Turtle Graphics – Focusing on Turtle Graphics, this lesson expands on graphical programming skills, fostering creativity and precision.
- Lesson 06: Subroutines – Introduces subroutines, teaching students how to streamline and organise their code effectively.
- Lesson 07: Arrays – This final lesson covers arrays, an essential concept for managing and manipulating data sets in programming.
Each lesson includes a detailed PowerPoint presentation with critical concepts, thoroughly worked examples, and engaging programming tasks. These presentations are designed to facilitate both understanding and application of programming principles.
Complementing the digital resources is a printable workbook for each student. This workbook is a versatile tool, enabling students to actively participate during lessons, complete activities, and annotate critical points. The workbook is also available in a soft copy format, ensuring accessibility and ease of use.
For a hands-on learning experience, each lesson folder includes all the Small Basic code for examples and solutions to the questions. This practical approach allows students to experiment with code, understand its functionality, and learn through doing.
The “Introduction to Programming in Small Basic” resource pack is ideal for teachers looking to provide an engaging, comprehensive introduction to programming. Its blend of theoretical knowledge and practical application sets a solid foundation for budding programmers. Happy coding!
Once you are finished head over to our programming in Python course.